Is your foundation board looking for ways to improve its work together or jump-start a conversation about underlying challenges? Designed especially for foundations with few or no staff, the Practical Board Self-Assessment is a comprehensive, flexible, and easy-to-use tool to catalyze thoughtful and insightful conversations, strengthen your board’s work, and amplify your philanthropy’s impact.
An Exponent Philanthropy staff member will partner with you to tailor implementation of the Practical Board Self-Assessment to your foundation’s unique needs, analyze the results, and recommend next steps. The comprehensive and flexible package includes:
- An Exponent Philanthropy staff partner to work with your foundation throughout the survey process
- 13 key sections to choose from covering different areas of foundation management and operations
- 7 supplemental sections covering topics specific to different types of foundations and special situations
- Expert compilation of responses and analysis of results
- A final report that identifies strengths, areas for discussion, and recommended next steps
“[This board self-assessment]...was the best review we could have done. It brought to the surface things that needed to be discussed; policies some had forgotten; and the need for a little training in investments, finances, and current federal and state requirements. Every member of the board participated and all are grateful we took the time.” —Marty Fluharty, The Americana Foundation
"[Exponent Philanthropy] staff was very responsive to our needs. They bent over backwards to make sure this process worked and also that it met our board meeting schedules." —The Raymond John Wean Foundation
The non-member rate includes 1 year of Exponent Philanthropy membership.
Save $500 when you purchase the Practical Board Self-Assessment with our Grantee and Applicant Perception Survey. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.